Smoked Cheddar Fondue
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 2 squash, sliced
- 1 bunch baby carrots, brushed or peeled
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pkg. cherry tomatoes
- 5-6 portobello mushroom caps
- 1 pkg. stir fry beef strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- TT sea salt
- TT black pepper, freshly cracked
- 1 doz. 6″ bamboo skewers
- 1 cup stock (chicken or beef)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 oz. Pineland Farms Smoked Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 4 oz. Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. flour
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Season beef strips and place them on the wooden skewers. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the red onion, zucchini, squash, carrots, asparagus, cherry tomatoes and portabellas. Coat the vegetables with garlic and oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place veggies and beef skewers on the grill and cook to your preference.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan, bring the stock and garlic to a boil.
- In a small mixing bowl add the shredded Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheeses and flour together, making sure to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Add the Pineland Farms Smoked Cheddar mix into the boiling stock and whisk until creamy and smooth.
- Arrange your grilled vegetables and beef skewers on a platter and pour the smoked cheddar fondue in a cast iron dish for dipping.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie