The White Fiddle
“THE WHITE FIDDLE” FIDDLEHEAD + BACON GOURMET PIZZA
It’s the time of year for foraging and enjoying Maine Fiddleheads prepared all the ways! We have a new one for you to try: combined with bacon, a delicious sambuca sauce, and our 2 Year Reserve Aged Cheddar! We just helped you change the game for Fiddlehead season – let us know what you think!
Yields: 3-4 servings
- 1-16oz. The Good Crust pizza dough – handmade frozen dough from 100% fresh stone-milled Maine grains
- ½ cup Luigi Del Conte – Sambuca Simmering Sauce
- 7oz. Pineland Farms Reserve Cheddar Cheese, crumble or shredded
- 1 cup Maine Fiddleheads, blanched
- 8oz A Wee Bit Farm’s Smoked Uncured Bacon, mostly rendered
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Stretch “The Good Crust” to a desired size and place on a pizza stone.
- Spread the Luigi Del Conte Sambuca Simmering Sauce evenly over the dough. Evenly distribute Pineland Farms Reserve Cheddar Cheese, the blanched fiddleheads, and A Wee Bit Farm’s Smoked Uncured Bacon evenly over the crust.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and slice for service.
Recipe by our very own chef, Emily McQuarrie!
Pineland Farms Dairy Company
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!