The Classic Cuban Sandwich
- 1 ea rustic bread boule, sliced
- 2 lbs. smoked spiral ham, slices and pieces
- 7 oz. Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese, sliced ¼” thick
- yellow mustard
- Kosher dill pickles, sliced
- salted butter, softened (Enough to coat outsides of bread)
- Assemble the sandwich: Slather mustard to taste on one side of each piece of bread. Layer with sliced pickles and Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese, and a thick later of slightly warm spiral ham.
- Spread one side of the sandwich with butter and place on grill pan or panini press. Cook until cheese has started to melt and bread has toasted. Press the sandwich as it cooks to create a classic, flat Cuban sandwich.
- Spread butter on top, flip, and cook until golden brown.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie