Pineland Farms Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Beer Cheese Sauce
- 6ea Hot dog buns or soft pretzel rolls
- 6ea Pineland Farms Natural Casing Beef Hot Dogs
- 6ea Bacon Strips
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2ea Yellow Onions, sliced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 dozen toothpicks (soaked in water for 30minutes)
- Cheese Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Beer, Lager
- 7oz Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
- TT Salt & Pepper
- Lay a strip of bacon on a cutting board. Place Pineland Farms Natural Casing Beef Hot Dog on the bacon strip diagonally then roll the bacon around the hot dog. Using a presoaked tooth pick to secure each end. Taking caution not to allow the toothpick to stick out on each side preventing the hot dog from rolling and cooking evenly.
- Spray a thin layer of cooking spray in a large skillet over medium-high heat and begin to cook the bacon wrapped hot dogs. Rolling them slightly every few minutes to ensure the bacon is fully cooked. Remove the hot dogs from the pan and replace them with the sliced onions. Continue to cook until they are tender and golden in color. Season with salt and garlic powder.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan prepare the cheese sauce by melting the butter. Stir in the flour creating a roux. Slowly pour in the milk, then the beer while continuing to whisk until the mixture has thickened. Toss in Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese and continue to mix until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Partially cut the hot dog buns if needed. Place a bacon wrapped hot dog in the bun and top with the caramelized onions and a generous amount of cheese sauce.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie