Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
A Philly cheesesteak and stuffed mushroom in one–the best of both worlds if you ask us. Our Pineland Farms Scorpion Jack Cheese provides the perfect balance for this savory treat.
Yields 3 servings
- 8 oz. sirloin, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup green peppers, diced
- ¾ cup onions, diced
- 6 portobello mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. Pineland Farms Scorpion Jack Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- TT salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp. parsley, freshly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large sauté pan with olive oil, cook the portobello mushrooms till tender. Place in a greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Set aside
- In the same pan, sauté the onions, peppers, and sirloin until soft and browned. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and stir in mayonnaise, cream cheese and sour cream.
- Place a heaping spoonful of steak mixture into each portabella. Sprinkle with Pineland Farms Scorpion Jack Cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie