Monterey Jack BBQ Chicken
Yields 4 servings
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp. BBQ sauce
- 8 bacon strips, slightly rendered
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup chives, sliced on a bias
- 7 oz. Pineland Farms Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- TT salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with desired amounts of salt and pepper on both sides. Dredge in flour. In a hot pan sear the chicken on both sides till golden brown. Do not fully cook chicken.
- Place the seared chicken in a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish and brush with barbecue sauce. Top each breast with 2 strips of partially cooked bacon slices then layer with sliced onions. Bake to an internal temperature of 165°F. Approximately 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with Pineland Farms Monterey Jack Cheese. Return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Top with cool cherry tomatoes and chives just before serving.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie