HASSELBACK SQUASH WITH FETA
There are so many great ways to prepare your winter squash. This Hasselback Butternut Squash is roasted to perfection with a lemon, honey and thyme glaze then topped with pecans and Feta! A light, delicious, nutritious side dish that pairs well with almost anything.
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 ea Butternut or Honeynut Squash (10-12oz ea.), halved, seeded & peeled
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- TT Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Thyme, freshly chopped
- pinch nutmeg
- 4 oz Pineland Farms Feta Cheese, fork crumbled
- ¼ cup Roasted Pecans, chopped
*note: TT means “To Taste”
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Carefully cut squash lengthwise, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds, then carefully peel the skin off each half.
- Place the squash cut-side down on the cutting board. Cut 1/8-inch-thick slices down the squash’s length, making sure not to cut all the way through, continue this process for the remaining squash.
- Grease a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Coat each half of the squash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Lay each squash flat side down in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl mix the honey, lemon juice, thyme, and nutmeg, brush over the squash once tender.
- Return to the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with Pineland Farms Feta Cheese and roasted pecans.
- Keep warm for service.
Recipe by our chef, Emily McQuarrie!
Pineland Farms Dairy Company
Maine Cows. Maine Milk. Maine Cheese.
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!