Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Endive Poutine with Portobello Mushroom Gravy
- 1 bn asparagus, trimmed 1” from the base
- 1 small red onion, ½” slabs
- 4-5 ea. endives
- 1 pkg. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese Curds
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, quartered
- 1 ea. shallot, minced
- 1 ea. garlic clove, minced
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp. white wine
- 5 tbsp. salted butter, divided
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. thyme, fresh
- TT Salt & Pepper
- Cut endives in half and wrap with prosciutto. Coat the asparagus, red onion and endives with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on a hot grill and cook till vegetables are slightly soft. Set aside.
- In a hot sauté pan, place 2 tbsp. butter, mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Cook well, and deglaze with white wine.
- In the same pan, set all the veggies to one side and add the remanding butter and flour, creating a roux. Stir well. Slowly pour in the vegetable stock, whisking till smooth.
- Now whisk the complete onion/mushroom mixture together. Add fresh thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange your grilled vegetables on a serving dish. Sprinkle with Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese Curds and top with the mushroom gravy. Garnish with fresh thyme sprigs.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie