French Dip Sandwiches
Yields 6 servings
- 2 lbs. deli roast beef, sliced thin
- 6 ea. rustic sub rolls
- 7 oz. Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese, sliced thin
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced thin
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pkg. onion soup mix
- TT salt & pepper
Au Jus Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp. beef bouillon
- 2 tsp. sherry
- *1 tbsp. rosemary, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and onion soup mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Stir in the flour, cooking for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the beef broth and bouillon. Add the sherry and rosemary. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Cut the sub rolls in half lengthwise and spread the sour cream and onion mixture thickly over both sides. Arrange the rolls on a sheet pan.
- Add the roast beef to the hot au jus. You will have to do this in a few batches. Let sit for a few seconds and remove the beef from the pan, shaking off any excess liquid.
- Arrange the roast beef on the bottom half of the sub rolls. Top with Pineland Farms Swiss Cheese.
- Keep the sandwiches open-faced and place them in the oven. Cook just long enough to melt the cheese and crisp the bread.
- Pour the remaining au just in a small bowl for dipping, and enjoy!
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie