Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers
This spicy take on stuffed peppers will soon be a family favorite!
Not into the heat? Sub out the poblanos with green peppers!
The key ingredient: our creamy with a hint of spice Pepper Jack Cheese!
Yields: 6 servings
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 6-8 Poblano Peppers, large (sub green peppers if spicy isn’t your thing!)
- ¼ cup Cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- ½ cup Button Mushrooms, diced
- ½ cup Tomato, diced
- 1-11oz can Enchilada Sauce, green (divided)
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 7oz Pineland Farms Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded (divided)
- Preheat grill to 350F or above. Place the poblano peppers on the grill, turning and cooking until Blistered. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cooled, the skin will appear very loose and papery. Peel the peppers and then remove the seeds by placing a slit along the center of one side of each pepper.
- In a sauté pan, cook the chicken in olive oil.
- Add the red peppers and mushrooms and cook until tender. Drain and cool this chicken filling mixture.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken mixture with the cilantro, tomato, taco seasoning, ½ of the green enchilada sauce, and ½ of Pineland Farms Pepper Jack Cheese.
- Stir together to make your filling.
- Spoon the filling into each pepper and place in a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Pour the remaining green enchilada sauce over the top and evenly sprinkle the Pineland Farms Pepper Jack Cheese over the peppers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and slightly browned.
Recipe by our very own chef, Emily McQuarrie!
Pineland Farms Dairy Company
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!