Chicken Cordon Blue with Creamy White Sauce
Yields: 4 Servings
- 4ea Chicken Breasts
- TT Salt and Pepper
- 8oz Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 8oz Pancetta, thinly Sliced
- 7oz Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese, sliced
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour
- 2ea Egg, beaten
- 1 ½ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- ¾ cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp Chicken Flavored Better than Bouillon
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Bail, fresh chopped
- TT Salt & White Pepper
- Pound each chicken breast to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides. layer ¼ of prosciutto and pancetta on the seasoned chicken breast. Place ¼ of the sliced Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese in the center of the build, leaving a clean meat and cheese free border. Roll the chicken breast by tucking in the sides into the center of the rolled chicken. Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts. Roll the chicken up tightly in aluminum foil, creating a cylinder package. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Prep the breading station placing the flour and breadcrumbs into separate plates. Whisk the eggs and 1 tablespoon of cold water in a shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken in flour, then in the egg wash, continue by rolling the chicken into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat the ¾ cup of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 1 – 2 minutes rolling the chicken on all sides until the chicken is golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish and finish in the oven. Cook to an internal temperature of 165F. Let the chicken rest for 3 – 5 minutes before slicing for service.
- Prepare the white sauce by melting the butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly whisk in the chicken stock and bouillon continue to whisk until smooth. Add the heavy cream, cook until thickened. Season with salt and white pepper. Add the basil just before service.
- Serve with steamed asparagus or piled over a bed of fresh spinach.