Cheesy Asparagus Prosciutto Pastries
Need a quick and easy appetizer that’s sure to be a hit? Try these delicious, flaky puff-pastries wrapped around crisp asparagus and blanketed with the salty + flavorful combo of prosciutto and sharp cheddar! An instant hit that you’ll be asked to bring to every gathering!
Yields: 8 servings
- 1 bunch Asparagus, ends trimmed, blanched, patted dry
- 12 slices Prosciutto, sliced thin
- 7 oz Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 2 sheets Puff Pastry, slightly thawed
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- TT Salt & Pepper
- Note: TT = “To Taste”
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry so it is doubled in size. Cut pastry into 6 squares.
- In a medium bowl, drizzle the blanched asparagus with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Mix until evenly coated.
- To make the pastries, take a slice of prosciutto, fold it in half and place it on top of each square. Follow with 3 or 4 seasoned stalks of asparagus and 2 tablespoons of the shredded Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Lift two opposite corners of the pastry and press them together to seal. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve immediately.
Recipe by our very own chef, Emily McQuarrie!
Pineland Farms Dairy Company
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!