Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs. ground chicken
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot, grated
- 2 ea. garlic cloves, minced
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 12 oz. bottle Buffalo Wing Sauce
- ½ cup water
- 1 ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- TT salt & pepper
- 9 ea. lasagna noodles
- 15 oz. tub ricotta cheese
- 1 ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles, divided
- ½ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 ea. egg, lightly beaten
- 3 cups Pineland Farms Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 2 cups Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Note: Pineland Farms Monterey Jack can be substituted for shredded mozzarella, if desired.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, onions, celery, and carrots. Cook and stir until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook an additional 2 minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, wing sauce, water, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles al dente. In a small mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, ¾ cup blue cheese crumbles, egg, and parsley.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of buffalo chicken mixture (sauce only) into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Build the lasagna with the following layers:
- 3 noodles
- 1 ½ cups buffalo chicken mixture
- third of the buffalo chicken mixture
- 1 cup Pineland Farms Monterey Jack Cheese
- third of the Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese
- third of the blue cheese crumbles
- Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake covered at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an addition 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie