Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This is the best recipe to kick off the cool weather season. Our recipe be altered in many different ways to make it your own! You can use any Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheeses to create a mild, sharp, or smoked flavor.
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 7 oz. Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese, shredded (can be substituted with Smoked or Sharp Cheddar as well)
- TT salt & pepper
- In a medium stock pot saute garlic and onions in butter until tender. Add flour mixing well to create a roux. Slowly whisk in the stock and bouillon base.
- Add shredded carrots and broccoli. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in heavy cream and mix in Pineland Farms Cheddar Cheese. Continue to stir until melted and evenly incorporated.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve in an optional bread bowl.
- Note: You can create a Beer Broccoli and Cheddar Soup by reducing the stock by half and adding a can of your favorite beer.
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie