BAKED CHICKEN GNOCCHI
Are you ready for the ultimate comfort dish? This creamy and rich Baked Chicken Gnocchi checks all the boxes for the perfect dinner meal. The descendant homemade cheesy cream sauce adds a silky-smooth blast of flavor that pairs perfectly with the baked chicken thighs and gnocchi. If you want to impress a crowd or just make yourself a little something special, this is the recipe for you!
Yields: 5-6 servings
- 5- 6 medium Chicken Thighs, bone-in
- 2ea Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, freshly minced
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- TT Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- ¼ cup Sundried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 16oz wt. Pre-made Gnocchi
*note: TT means “To Taste”
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2ea Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Rosemary, freshly minced
- 1 cup Pineland Farms Baby Swiss Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- TT salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp Parsley, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl marinate the chicken by placing garlic, rosemary, and lemon over the chicken thighs. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Once the chicken has marinated, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Sear both sides until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Drian excess fat from the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Move the chicken to a 9×11 baking dish. Then add the spinach to the skillet, stirring occasionally until it begins to wilt, then toss in the sundried tomatoes. Set aside. Meanwhile cook the Gnocchi as package directs, drain, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the garlic, cooking until fragrant. Whisk in the flour creating a roux. Gradually whisk in the milk, continuing to whisk until thickened. Stir in cayenne pepper, nutmeg, rosemary, and Pineland Farms Cheeses until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In the baking dish, add the spinach and tomatoes, top with the cooked gnocchi and cream sauce. Gently stir together. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked throughout and the sauce is bubbly.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley
Recipe by our chef, Emily McQuarrie!
PINELAND FARMS DAIRY COMPANY
MAINE COWS. MAINE MILK. MAINE CHEESE.
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!