Bacon Cheddar and Chive Quick Loaf
Yields 4-6 servings
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 3 tbsp. chives, finely sliced
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ½ cup milk, room temperature
- 6 tbsp. Light Olive Oil
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 1 cup (4oz.) Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9” x 5” loaf pan with cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and chives.
- In another mixing bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until slightly mixed. Fold in the bacon and Pineland Farms Sharp Cheddar Cheese.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs. If the bread is getting to dark you can cover it with a foil tent.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then remove from the pan and place it on a wire rack. Let cool.
- Cut into slices, spread both inside slices with mayo, slice and arrange fresh tomatoes on bottom half, season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
Recipe by Emily McQuarrie