CHEDDAR AND CHIVE SAVORY WAFFLES
If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day, then this recipe is for you. These delicious waffles add a fun twist to a classic breakfast dish, leaving savory breakfast lovers wanting more. It pairs perfectly with an egg and some bacon, but if you feel like getting more creative with it, use two waffles as the bread for a breakfast sandwich!
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 3 lg Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup Pineland Farms Reserve Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Chives, freshly minced
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk and eggs together, and pour into the dry ingredients mixing gently and thoroughly.
- Pour in the melted butter, stir to incorporate, fold in Pineland Farms Reserve Cheddar Cheese and chives.
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium or medium dark setting. (You will need to experiment a little, waffle irons vary) Pour as much batter as the waffle iron instructs and cook until golden.
- When all the waffles are cooked (about 3 to 5 minutes), serve with your favorite toppings.
Recipe by our chef, Emily McQuarrie!
PINELAND FARMS DAIRY COMPANY
MAINE COWS. MAINE MILK. MAINE CHEESE.
Find us in the Specialty Cheese Section!